Department of Space, Government of India
Advt. No: IIST/33/11 Dated 28.02.2012
Click here to download Advertisement (pdf)
Click here to download Application Form (pdf)
(click here to download Application Form in text(.doc) format)
Last Date for Receipt of Applications : 09 April 2012
Name of Post
Requirements for the post
|First class B.Sc Degree in Physics/ Electronics
|Three years experience in any Physics laboratories.
|First class Diploma in Electrical Engineering with two years experience in handling control and Electrical labs.
|First class Diploma in Electronics Engineering with at least two years experience in handling Electronics labs or software
|Experience in VLSI Software.
- Rounding -off of marks is not allowed.
- Reservation is applicable as per Government of India Rules and the number of posts reserved for each category is given below:
- The vacancies do not fall under the points reserved for Persons with Disabilities.
- The number of vacancies indicated above is provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements.
- “Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.”
Un- reserved (UR) – Two
Scheduled Caste (SC)- One
General Conditions/ Instructions
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- THOSE WHO POSSESS THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AS ON THE LAST DATE OF APPLICATION ONLY NEED APPLY.
- Age limit : Age limit is 35 years as on 09.04.2012, 38 years for OBC and 40 years in the case of SC/ST candidates. Ex-Servicemen & Persons with Disability (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per Government rules. For all posts minimum age prescribed as on 09.04.2012 is 18 years. Note: Children/family members of those who died in the riots of 1984 will be given preference in recruitment by giving necessary age relaxation as applicable.
- As on date, approximate salary for the post of Scientist/Technical Assistant is Rs Rs.30,500/- per month.
- The Institute has a progressive HRD policy and provides an excellent growth potential for the right individual through its periodical Merit Based Performance review system (called Merit Promotion Scheme) de-linked from availability of higher post, by which the staff can be evaluated for the advancement of their career in the Institution.
- The Institute provides medical facilities (Contributory Health Service Scheme) for self and dependants, transport facilities/transport allowance, canteen facilities, housing accommodation subject to availability, in addition to the facilities available to the other Central Government Staff. The Institute has a well-stocked Library that provides an excellent opportunity for professional development.
- Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their applications submitted on-line as and when required.
- Outstation candidates called for Interview will be paid to and fro Sleeper Class Railway Fare by the shortest route including reservation/sleeper charges on production of proof of journey such as Railway Tickets/Ticket Number or Bus tickets, etc. If the candidates travel in a higher class of accommodation than the one prescribed, only Second Class rail fare excluding the reservation charges/sleeper charges will be paid.
- The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and possession of the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Interview. Based on Bio-data initial screening will be done to short list the candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be called for Interview. Candidates called for interview will have the option to answer the questions in Hindi also.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the application form and the duly filled in application form with recent passport size photograph and all attested certificates/ testimonials should be sent to the Administrative Officer, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram-695 547 by post so as to reach on or before 09.04.2012
- Attested copies of all testimonials in proof of educational qualifications, caste, experience etc.
- A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies.