The Conference: We invite you to join us at Dynamics Days Asia Pacific 08 (DDAP 08), a major international conference with a long-standing tradition in nonlinear dynamics. This event will be co-hosted by the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) and Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc.), in the Port city of Chennai, India. The Conference will be held in the premises of IIT-Madras and start in the morning of Monday 21st July and will end in the afternoon of Thursday 24th July 2014. This meeting will be the eigthth such.
The meeting highlights nonlinear science research, and has proved to be a useful forum for the exchange of ideas, for presenting research, and for catalysing collaborative research. The scientific program for the earlier meetings consisted of invited and submitted talks, as well as posters, and typically attracted over 100 participants from about 20 countries and many leading researchers in the field. We hope to attract similar participation in this upcoming conference.
We look forward to an exciting programme and to welcome you in Chennai!
The main aim of this meeting is to focus on the open issues in nonlinear science and to identify the directions in which the field is developing. The themes we aim to explore at the meeting will include (but not be restricted to):
- Recent developments in nonlinear dynamical systems: Theoretical and Mathematical aspects
Engineering aspects of nonlinearity, and applications.
- Complex networks: network of networks, multilayer networks
Active fluids, collective phenomena.
- Biological and Medical Aspects and applications such as Public Health (Disease spreading).
- Pattern formation.
- Transport properties in dynamical systems.
- Climate modeling.
- Extreme Events.
- Dynamics of Kuramoto oscillators in complex networks
Organisers: Hilda Cerdeira (IFT, Sao Paolo) and Cristina Massoler (Barcelona).
- Covariant Lyapunov Vectors
Organisers: H. Chate (Saclay) and K. Takeuchi (Univ. of Tokyo).
- Dynamical Transitions, Chaos and Control in Physiology: Towards nonlinear theories of health & disease
Organiser: Sitabhra Sinha (IMSc, Chennai).
- Title to be announced
Organiser: C.K. Hu, (Academia Sinica, Taipei).
Registration & Abstracts
Registration is mandatory for every participant. Registration fees are INR 1000 for students from India, and INR 2000 for faculty from India. The registration fees for international participants are US $ 300.
Mode of Payment: Payment link to be updated soon.
- Deadline for registration – 21st July, 2014.
- Deadline for abstracts submission for oral/poster – 5th May, 2014.
- Expected date for announcement of accepted abstracts – 21st May, 2014.
- Deadline for on-campus accommodation requests – 21st June, 2014.
- Conference Dates – 21 – 24 July, 2014.
- A limited amount of accommodation is available on campus (IITM/IMSc) on first-come, first-served basis. Accommodation requests should be sent by 21st June, 2014. Request can be made on the registration page.
- You can also book rooms in Hotels on your own. These are close to the Institute and are reasonably priced – Hotels in Adyar.
- No requests for off-campus accommodation will be accepted on this website.
- Typical temperatures in Chennai during the month of July range from 35° to 38° C.
Conference email: email@example.com