The Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2018) will be held at TIFR, Mumbai during the period May 7 to July 4, 2018.
Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics/ Computer & Systems Sciences :
1) Two years of undergraduate course work in an academic institution.
2) Should not have particpated in VSRP before.
Please note that the VSRP programme is for students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme and not for PhD students or faculty members.
Selection is purely based on the academic performance of the student, submitted write-up and referee reports. There is no selection test/interview.
Selected students are paid a monthly stipend @ Rs 7000/- per month and to and fro travel re-imbursement from the place of their residence. Also, free shared accomodation on- or off- campus is provided.
How to apply
1. Registration includes two steps : First complete basic registration step by clicking the “Apply Online” button given below.
2. During the basic registration, “Prefered Subject” indicates TIFR subject area you are applying for (Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Mathematics / Computer & Systems Sciences).
3. After completing basic registration, an email will be sent to you with a link for advanced registration. Before proceeding to advanced registration, please keep the following ready :
a) Scanned photo (.jpg file of size not exceeding 100kb ) of your passport size photograph.
b) Students can select upto 2 departments, and for each department, they can fill in two areas of interest from the options available in the menu. Please read theInformation Brochure before you fill this section.
c) A write-up of up to 400 words, describing your interest in the most preferred field of study has to be provided in the appropriate box. The write up should not contain special characters. In particular, use of equations in write-ups is strongly discouraged.
d) Names, Affiliation, Designation, Contact address (both e-mail and physical address) and contact phone number of two referees who would be filling referee reports for you. They should be teachers or persons with whom you have interacted academically.
The link for filling up the Referee Report Form online will be sent by email to both Referees after complete registration.
The Assistant Registrar (Academic)
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba
For Maths – February 28, 2018
For all other subjects – January 31, 2018
|To Apply Online Click Here.|