Applictions are invited
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) invites applications for selection at the Assistant Professor (Grade 1) level from eligible Indian Nationals with outstanding academic achievements, ability to establish a vibrant research programme and passion for teaching. Appointments will be made in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Data Science, Mathematics and Physics.
Applications should be submitted online as per the instructions given in the website. Incomplete applications not supported by relevant documents will not be considered. The deadline for submission of applications is 11:59 pm IST on 15 November 2020.
|DESIGNATION AND PAY||ELIGIBILITY AND EXPERIENCE|
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Three years of Industrial/Research/Teaching experience excluding the duration of Ph.D. Age preferably below 35 years.
Following are the preferred areas of expertise:
- Structural biology
- Infectious diseases
- Computational biology
- Metabolism in health and disease
- Human genetics
- Synthetic Polymer Chemistry
- Magnetic Materials and Transport Properties
- Chemical Biology / Biomaterials
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence / Big data in Chemistry
- Biorganic / Biophysical / Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Statistical Mechanics
- Data Science with background in computer science and specialization in:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- High Performance Computing
- Databases/Data Mining
- Data Science with background in mathematics/statistics with specialization in applied statistics
- Probability and Applied Probability
- Geometry and Topology & Computational Topology
- Graph Theory and Combinatorics
- Number theory and Cryptography
- Quantum Technologies
- Fluid Dynamics and Atmospheric Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Materials Modelling
Notwithstanding the preferred areas listed above, the Institute will be open to select candidates in frontier of areas of Biology, Chemistry, Data Science, Mathematics and Physics only when they are found to be exceptional.
- The appointment as Faculty will be governed by NIT (Amendment) Act – 2012 (National Institute Technology Science Education Research (NITSER) Act) and its amendments from time to time and as per the provisions of the IISER Statutes.
- Reservations will be as per the prevailing Government of India norms as applicable to IISERs.
- Candidates working in Government Organizations/Institutions/Universities/Public sector undertakings should submit a no-objection certificate.
- No enquiries of any kind in regard to the selections will be entertained.
- Institute reserves the right to screen and call only those candidates deemed suitable for presentations followed by interviews. The eligibility criteria are only a bare minimum, and mere fulfillment of the same will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The institute reserves the right not to fill any vacancy advertised without any reason. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final and binding. Legal disputes, if any, shall be settled in the Court of Law within the jurisdiction at Thiruvananthapuram
Click Here to Apply Online
For more details: www.iisertvm.ac.in/pages/faculty-recruitment-2020
For all queries email : firstname.lastname@example.org