The scheme provides financial assistance to ST students for pursuing higher studies courses of M.Phil and Ph.D in India.
1. The candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship. The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil / Ph.D Courses in Indian Universities / Institutions / Colleges as indicated below:-
a. Universities/lnstitutions/Colleges included under section 2 (f) / 12(B) or 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
b. Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
c. Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Government
d. Institutes of National importance.
2. The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled for any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government the same study
3. The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
Number of Slots /Seats:
1. The total number of fresh fellowships each year is 750
2. In case the number of candidates exceeds the number of available awards, the MoTA will select the candidates based on a criterion of marks obtained in the last passed examination.
Registration: The students may fill the application through registration at http://fellowship.tribal.gov.in
Link for Students Registration : https://fellowship.tribal.gov.in/StudentsRegistrationForm.aspx
Last date for submission of online application: 30 September 2020