We are pleased to invite you to participate in the inaugural Asian International Conference on Surfaces, Coatings and Nanostructured Materials (NANOSMAT-Asia) to be held at the Ramada hotel in Wuhan, China during 13-15 March 2013.
NANOSMAT is an established name in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology conferences. The first ever NANOSMAT conference was organised and held in Portugal in 2005. NANOSMAT conferences provide a unique platform for discussing key aspects of materials-related Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
Owing to the increasing level of participation in NANOSMAT by delegates from Asia, we are pleased to launch and host the inaugural NANOSMAT-Asia in 2013 at the Huazhong University of Science and Technology-HUST, on its main Campus in Wuhan, China. NANOSMAT-Asia will be a biennial event and it will attract delegates from academia, industry and research institutes to network, exchange ideas and gain new insights on the forefront of materials, processing and nanotechnology related applications. The event will also host an exhibition.
One of the highlights of NANOSMAT-Asia will be the plenary lecture by the honorable Nobel Laureate Professor Peter Grunberg (Germany)
We would like to cordially invite you to take part and also contribute to the success of the NANOSMAT-Asia conference.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, I look forward to seeing you in Wuhan and to an exciting and enjoyable conference.
Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel, Wuhan, China
Wednesday March 13, 2013 to Friday March 15, 2013.
SYMPOSIUM 1: TECHNOLOGIES FOR SYNTHESIS & FABRICATION OF NANOMATERIALS
• Atomic/Molecular techniques for atom/molecules growth and organization
• Advanced technologies for the submicron patterning of materials
• Nanomanufacturing and Advanced Nanometrology
• New techniques in the dispersion of nanometer-sized particles
• Enhanced technologies to produce nanomaterials at lab and industrial scale
SYMPOSIUM 2: STRUCTURE AND PROPERTIES OF NANOMATERIALS
• Ultra thin films and nanocoatings: structure and properties.
• Patterned nanomaterials
• Carbon based Nanomaterials and Nanoparticles
• Interacting nanomaterials (magnetic nanomaterials, conducting nanomaterials, ferroelectric nanomaterials, piezoelectric materials, coupled nanomaterials).
• Phase transitions in nanomaterials and nanostructures.
• Nanomaterials in extreme environments (nuclear plants, space environment)
SYMPOSIUM 3: APPLICATIONS OF NANOMATERIALS
• Nanomaterials for energy applications
• Tribology and Lubrication Science
• Functional Surfaces and Nanostructured Coatings for Energy Systems
• NEMS and Nanofluidics
• Nanoporous materials
• Commercilisation of Nanotechnology
SYMPOSIUM 4: ENVIRONMENTAL, BIOLOGICAL. MEDICAL, AND SOCIETAL ASPECTS OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
• The cell and the Nano
• Drug delivery
• Diagnostics & Imaging
• Degradation Processes in Nanomaterials
• Environmental effects and degradation of nanomaterials
• Medical hazards and toxicity of nanomaterials
Professor Paulo César De Morais (Chair), Universidade de Brasilia, Brazil
Professor Wenzhong Liu (Co-chair), Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China.