The Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) conduct the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) for admission to Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes at IISc Bangalore and M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D.Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-M.S.(Research)/Ph.D. Dual Degree and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes at IITs. The main objective of JAM is to consolidate Science as a career option for bright students across the country. It is expected that the research infrastructure, the inter-disciplinary interaction and the vibrant academic environment of IISc Bangalore and IITs will motivate these students to pursue Research & Developement careers in the frontier areas of basic sciences as well as inter-disciplinary areas of science and technology.
- IIT Madras is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2016.
- JAM 2016 Examination will be conducted ONLINE only as a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Test Papers.
- All the seven Test Papers of JAM 2016 will be of fully objective type, with three different patterns of questions as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) : Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer.
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ): Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions: For each NAT type question, the answer is a signed real number which needs to be entered using the virtual keypad on the monitor.A virtual calculator will also be available on the computer monitor.No choices will be shown for these type of questions.
- All candidates have to apply only ONLINE.
- NO hardcopies of any documents are to be sent to the Organizing Institute.If the payment is by e-challan then the scanned (Institute) copy (.pdf file) on the JOAPS site by logging in your Application account.The documents(certificates,mark-sheet,etc) are to be uploaded to the online application website only.
- No hardcopy of JAM 2016 score card will be sent to the JAM 2016 qualified candidates by the Organizing Institute. It can only be downloaded from JAM 2016 website.
Important Dates for JAM 2016
|Commencement of ONLINE Registration andApplication on JAM 2016 Website
||September 02 2015
|Last Date for Payment of ApplicationFee through e-Challan
||October 10 2015
|Last Date for Online Application Submissionand Uploading of Documents on the Website
||October 14 2015
|Date of JAM 2016 Examination
||February 7 2016
|Announcement of the Results of JAM 2016
||March 23 2016
|Submission of Application Form for Admissionon the JAM 2016 Website
||April 15-24 2016
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of categoryalong with valid documents in proper format at IIT Madras
||April 29 2016
|Declaration of First Admission List
||June 15 2016
|Declaration of Second Admission List
||June 29 2016
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List and theClosure of Admissions through JAM 2016
||July 11 2016