UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC)
Dholpur House, Shahjahan road, New Delhi – 110069
Civil Service Examination, 2011
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2011 on 12/06/2011 for recruitment of nearly 880 various posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and certain other Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ Central Services / Posts. Published at sarkari-naukri.blogspot.com
- Age : Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 01/08/2011. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice.
- Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.
- Number of Attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible will be as follows:
- General Category : Four
- Physical Handicapped : Seven
- OBC : Seven
- SC / ST : No Limit
Offline Application Form
: The candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the Commission for its examinations, which can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/ Post offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 30/- only. OR published in the Employment News.
Online Application Submission : Candidates can apply Online also at http://upsconline.nic.in/ upto 21/03/2011.
Fee: Rs.100/- through Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. SC/ST/PH/Female candidates are exempted from payment (OBC candidates required to pay full fee) for the candidates applying offline. Those who are applying Online need to deposit Rs.50/- in any branch of SBI
How To Apply Offline : All Offline applications must reach the “Controller of Examination, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069” either by hand or by Post/Speed Post or by courier on or before the 21/03/2011. [Candidates from far-flung areas can send application through post/speed post upto 28/03/2011]
Candidates can obtain details of the examination and can get information about registration of their applications, venues of the examination and syllabus
etc will be posted on the website of the UPSC at http://upsc.gov.in/
or in the Employment News dated 19/02/2011.