- Only in 10% of schools do a majority of children achieve expected learning competencies
- Almost 61% children drop out by the time they reach 10th Standard
- Indian scores are among the lowest in globally benchmarked tests for learning
- Over 70% population has an income of less than US$ 1.5 per day.
- Are you someone who has been disturbed about the status of education and society in India and always wanted to do something about it? Do you really want to make a difference to the world around you?
We invite you to Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship Program.
The 2 year Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship program seeks to build rich perspectives on educational issues through a well designed combination of theoretical inputs and experiential learning. The program is intended to develop a strong social orientation and competencies required in the education and development sectors.
This rigorous 2 year program comprises of:
- 45 day classroom module to strengthen conceptual understanding of education and development issues
- 22 months of intense field engagement at the grass roots level in the District Institutes of the Foundation.
- Working on a live project that has significant purpose of improving quality at practice level
During the period of Fellowship you will be based in some of the most underdeveloped districts of India.
You should be a professional with at least 2 years of experience and at least a graduate degree. We welcome people from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds as long as they are passionate about making a difference. Prior experience in the education or development sector would be an added advantage.
Stipend and Employment
You will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs. 25,000 or more depending on your work experience and suitability for the Fellowship. On your successful completion of the program, you may be offered employment opportunities in the Foundation, at an appropriate compensation package.
The classroom module for 45 days will be held in Bangalore during which suitable arrangements will be made for your accommodation. During the 22 month field attachment, you will have to make arrangements for stay in the districts at your own cost. The Foundation may however assist in finding suitable accommodation.
The districts to which you will be assigned include – Yadgir & Mandhya (Karnataka), Dhamtari (Chhattisgarh), Uddhamsinghnagar & Uttarkashi (Uttarakhand), Sirohi & Tonk (Rajasthan) and Mehaboobnagar (Andhra Pradesh).
How to Apply
To apply, click here: http://188.8.131.52:8080/APF/index.aspx
The National written test will be conducted at all centres across the country on 21 January 2012.
Click here for frequently asked questions