CATEGORIES OF SCHOLARSHIPS:
The scholarships are available to the following categories of students:
A) Indian Nationals for Ph.D. study in India; and
B) Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. study in India.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION/SUBJECT:
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
1. Physical Sciences
2. Chemical Sciences
3, Mathematical Sciences
4. Biological Sciences
5. Computer Sciences
6. Engineering Sciences
7. Environmental Sciences
8. Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
9. Indian History & Civilisation
12. Jawaharlal Nehru Studies
At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
1. Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
2. already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply.
3. not be above 35 years of age at the time of applying.
4. be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
5. have valid GATE /NET score.
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP:
Upto 2 years.
VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR BOTH THE CATEGORIES
a) Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.12,000 per month
b) Annual contingent expenses for study tours within India, books, stationery, thesis costs, etc. – Rs. 15,000 per annum.
Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011 on or before 31 May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
The Selection Committee’s decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
The application form for scholarships for doctoral studies is available. Click here to download.
The candidates should ensure that the following documents are securely attached seriatim to the Application Form before dispatch :
1) A passport size photograph to be pasted on the form.
2) An attested copy of Ph.D. registration/admission letter from the College/University.
3) A synopsis of not more than 1500 words or about 3 pages of 1.5 spaced text.
4) University Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Ph.D. Supervisor’s report as per details required in C-8 of the Application Form.
5) Attested copies of Postgraduate degree, marksheet and all other educational certificates/ degrees showing marks obtained and the date of birth.
Incomplete, unsigned or application forms from ineligible candidates or without the necessary enclosures are liable to be rejected. Please read the eligibility conditions carefully and apply only if you fulfil all the conditions.
For more information: http://www.jnmf.in