The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has been supporting innovative work in research and scholarship for more than three decades. The “Inlaks Research Travel Grant” is geared to assist registered PhD. students of Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
WHAT DOES THE AWARD OFFER?
“Inlaks Research Travel Grant” offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at a university/institution/library abroad. The Grant will cover:
* Discounted air fare
* Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
* Funds for buying material and books, and making copies of relevant literature.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The applicants must
1. hold confirmed Ph.D registration for at least two years but for not more than four years.
2. have a first class degree at either Bachelor’s (Honours) or Master’s level, preferably both.
3. be under 35 years of age on 31 December in the year of applying.
SUBJECTS FOR WHICH THE GRANT IS AVAILABLE
Humanities and Social Sciences
WHAT MUST THE APPLICANTS SUBMIT?
* Fully filled form for “Inlaks Research Travel Grant”. The forms may be downloaded from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation website.
* Sample of written work (3000-5000 words) on the subject of the candidate’s research. This should preferably be a draft (with full annotation and documentation) of a chapter of the PhD thesis along with details regarding the reading list, surveys, or any other work done towards the thesis.
* Evidence of having communicated with concerned persons or institutions abroad and having received a positive response.
* A written and signed statement from the applicant’s supervisor stating:
* The candidate’s ability, focus and progress in the work done under her/his supervision
* The candidate’s need to go abroad
* That the funds for the visit cannot be obtained from any other source
* The fully filled in forms and other enclosures must be sent by post to the following address: 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021.
LAST DATE OF RECEIVING APPLICATION FORMS : September 30, 2011.
For more informations please visit : www.inlaksfoundation.org