The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has released the GATE scholarship 2020 for M.Tech/M.E./M.Arch students for the current academic year 2020-21. All the students who have received admission in the institutions affiliated with AICTE in the current academic year, 2020-21 and are possessing a valid GATE score at the time of admission would be eligible for the GATE PG scholarship.
Stipend: Rs. 12,400 per month for a period of 2 years or till their course is completed, whichever happens, sooner.
Students would also be provided with an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- as per the scholarship notification.
General instruction for students
- Only GATE/GPAT qualified candidates are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Candidates admitted for part time courses are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Bank account name and candidate name should be same
- Joint accounts are not permitted for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Student must have general saving account in the bank. (Minor/no frills account will not be accepted)
- Gate candidates admitted in engineering and architecture program and GPAT candidates admitted in pharmacy program alone are eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Admissions before or after GATE/GPAT validity shall not be considered for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- Creamy layer OBC candidates who had qualified under OBC category are not eligible for GATE scholarship
- Candidates qualified under SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped not having authentic certificate are not eligible for GATE/GPAT scholarship
- GATE/GPAT scholarship shall be given from date of commencement of classes/date of admission (whichever is later) to completion of courses/date of submission of thesis
- The GATE/GPAT scholarship will be disbursed for a maximum period of 24 month or till completion of courses/date of submission of thesis whichever is earlier
Instructions for attachments
- Recent authentic non-creamy layer certificate[NCL] is required for OBC candidates (not more than 1-year old)
- Documents in support of SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped certificate shall be attested by the institute principal or gazetted officer
- SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/Physically Handicapped certificate should be in Hindi/English otherwise it should be translated and verified in Hindi/English by notary officer or by the principal in institute letter head. Student shall upload both original and translated certificate
- All other attachments shall be self-attested by the candidate
- Only clear and readable attachments shall be accepted
For more details and Apply: https://www.aicte-india.org/schemes/students-development-schemes/PG-Scholarship-Scheme