- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai*
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata
- Heavy Water Board (HWB), Mumbai*
- Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad*
- Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Mumbai*
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), Mumbai*
- Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI), Kalpakkam*
- Uranium Corporation of India Ltd (UCIL), Jaduguda*
- Atomic Minerals Directorate of Exploration & Research (AMD), Hyderabad*
Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India except in NPCIL, UCIL AND BHAVINI which are governed by the service rules of Corporations. Allocation of a successful OCES TSO to a DAE unit is done based on performance in the OCES program. Apart from the DAE units listed above, DAE reserves the right to place a small number of TSOs to any other unit under the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) or the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB).
Performance above a specified threshold in course work at the Training School will entitle TSOs to a Post-Graduate Diploma or could earn them credits towards M.Tech/ M.Phil/ PhD Programs of the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed to be University.
2. Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates for the session beginning in July/August 2014 (DGFS-2014). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Post-Graduates who are selected for the BARC Training School program and who also have secured admission for M.Tech/ M.ChemEngg in select institutes and specializations as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M.Tech/ M.ChemEngg degree while retaining their employment in DAE. After successful completion of one-year course work at the institute, fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an institute guide. On successful completion of M.Tech/ M.ChemEngg, they are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. On joining, they are required to first undertake a four-month Orientation Course (OCDF) at the BARC Training School, Mumbai. The DGFS fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of DAE:
a) BARC, Mumbai b) IGCAR, Kalpakkam c) RRCAT, Indore.
Allocation of a DGFS fellow to a DAE unit is done at the beginning of the M.Tech/ M.ChemEngg program based on Selection Interview performance.
Stipend and Allowances during Training: OCES Trainee Scientific Officers as well as DGFS fellows are paid stipend of Rs.20,000 per month during the period of their training and a one-time book allowance of Rs.10,000.
Boarding and Lodging in DAE/DGFS Institute Hostel/Guest House is mandatory during training.
Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement and a Personal Indemnity Bond to serve DAE for at least three years after completion of training. Indemnity Bond is for Rs.2,50,000 for OCES trainees and Rs.5,10,000 for DGFS fellows. No third party surety is required.
# PH (Physics) applicants selected for the BARC Training School at IGCAR will be allotted either Material Science or Reactor Physics as their Training Scheme.
##CY (Chemistry) applicants selected for the BARC Training School at IGCAR will be allotted Nuclear Fuel Cycle Chemistry as their Training discipline.
|Relevant M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. Program or Name of Dept/ Centre at the M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. Institute||Pre-M.Tech./M.Chem.Engg. Degree (Disciplines)||Institutes**|
|Mechanical Engineering||BE (Mechanical)||All but ICT|
|Chemical Engineering||BE (Chemical)||All but Rkl|
|Applied Mechanics||BE (Civil/ Mechanical)||M|
|Civil Engineering||BE (Civil)||All but Rkl, ICT|
|Earthquake Engineering||BE (Civil)||K, R|
|Nuclear Hydrology||BE (Civil/ Chemical)||R|
|Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science/ Engineering||BE (Metallurgy/ Chemical)||All but G, ICT|
|Electrical Engineering||BE (Electrical/ Electronics)||All but G, ICT|
|Reliability Engineering, Systems & Control Engineering, Energy Systems||BE (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Chemical)||B, D, Kh, R|
|Power/ Communication/ Control Engg, Integrated Electronics & Circuits||BE (Electrical/ Electronics)||D, G, R|
|Instrumentation||BE (Electrical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation)||Kh, M, R|
|Computer Science, Engineering & Technology||BE (Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics)||All but Rkl, Var, ICT|
|Applied Optics, Lasers & Optoelectronics||BE (Electronics) M.Sc. (Phy/ App Phy)||D|
|Nuclear Engineering & Technology||BE (Mechanical/ Chemical/ Electrical/ Electronics)||K|
|Solid State Materials/ Electronic Materials||BE (Electrical/ Electronics) M.Sc. (Phy/ App Phy)||D, R|
|Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering||BE (Electrical/Electronics)||Rkl & Var|
|** Institutes where specified M.Tech./ M.Chem.Engg. courses are offered under this scheme: B = IIT Bombay; D = IIT Delhi; G=IIT Guwahati; K = IIT Kanpur; Kh = IIT Kharagpur; M = IIT Madras; R = IIT Roorkee; Rkl = NIT Rourkela; Var = IIT-(BHU)– Varanasi; ICT = Institute of Chemical Technology, ICT, Mumbai. Number of DGFS Fellows selected in each approved M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. Specialization at the Institutes under the DGFS scheme will depend upon the requirements of DAE.|
A. Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2014
Candidates with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in the qualifying degree in any of the science disciplines mentioned in Table-1 , may apply. M. Sc. applicants, other than those with a 5-yr. integrated M. Sc, must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marksat B.Sc. as well. Those wishing to be screened in on the basis of GATE must have a valid GATE Score in one of the eligible GATE disciplines, corresponding to the qualifying degree discipline of the applicant. Valid GATE score means score of GATE-2013 valid for GATE-2014/GATE-2015 or GATE-2014. Those having M Sc (by research) or PhD are not eligible.
*A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinance of the respective university.
I. PH (Physics): M.Sc. applicants should have Physics and Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. Physics postgraduate applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 Score in ‘Physics’. Applicants having B.E. / B.Tech. (Engineering Physics) as qualifying degree can apply on the basis of a valid GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 Score either in ‘Physics’ or in ‘Engineering Science’.
II. CY (Chemistry): M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics up to Std. XII, with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 Score in ‘Chemistry’.
III. BS (Bioscience): M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc.; or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks. M.Sc. applicants should have Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’. Those having M.Sc. with specialisation in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
IV. RSE (Radiological Safety Engineering): This is not an additional discipline but simply an additional option of Training Scheme at the BARC Training School Mumbai for M.Sc. applicants in PH (Physics) or CY (Chemistry). M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of integrated M.Sc., and Mathematics up to Std. XII, with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M. Sc. as well as in B. Sc.. Those having M.Sc. in Environmental Science are not eligible.
V. GE(Geology): M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. and at least two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. / M.Tech. as well as in B.Sc. Eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics in Std. XII. All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
VI. GP(Geophysics) : M.Sc. in Geophysics / Applied Geophysics with Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 or GATE-2014 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
B. Additional Criteria for Admission to DGFS
Physics post-graduates who meet the above eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they secure admission for M.Tech starting in the academic year 2014 in select Institutes and in select specializations listed in Table-3. Confirmation of M.Tech admission should be communicated by July 4, 2014, failing which offer of DGFS will be withdrawn retaining the candidate’s options for OCES schemes if any.
DGFS is offered only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
C.Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2014)
a) General Category – 26 years,
b) OBC-29 years,
c) SC/ST–31 years,
d) Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
e) Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years,
f) Dependents of Defense Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) – 26 years.
Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
Applicant must be a citizen of India.
E. Applicants working in Central/ State Government Units/ PSUs/ Aided Institutions:
Applicants working in Central/ State Government Units/ PSUs/ Aided Institutions may apply with due permission from their respective competent authorities. Such candidates if called for interview are required to submit No Objection Certificate at the time of interview.
Candidates, whose final results are awaited and / or are appearing for GATE in 2014, but are otherwise eligible, can also apply. If selected, the mark-sheet of final result should be submitted by November 30, 2014 in case of OCES and as per the requirement of the concerned Institutes in case of DGFS.
The dates will be announced shortly. Candidates are advised to check this website periodically for more information on dates.
Candidates must carry a hardcopy of the admit card and other documents (as mentioned on the admit card) while reporting for the examination.
How To Apply?
- Candidates have to fill up the online Application form provided on this website.
- A new candidate needs to register through ‘Apply Online’ link by providing essential information like name, mother’s name, date of birth,
e-mail id and a preferred login id. It may be noted that the details provided at this stage cannot be modified later on, and hence the candidates are advised to be careful in entering the details.
- Upon successful registration, an automatically generated password will be communicated to the candidate’s e-mail id.
- The candidate may subsequently log in multiple times through ‘Candidate’s login’ link to fill in the online application form.
- While filling the form, the candidates are required to upload their recent passport sized photograph (3.5×4.5cm) in JPG format (of size not more than 50 kb) and a scanned copy of their signature (2×4.5cm, in JPG format with size not exceeding 20 kb).
- After filling in all the required details, the candidates who are required to pay the application fee should download the three fold challan from the website and make the payment of Application Processing Fee in any branch of the State Bank of India. After making the payment and getting the UNIQUE TRANSACTION NUMBER, the candidate has to enter the said number as response to the relevant query in the online application form.
- Finally the candidate needs to submit the filled form by clicking the ‘Final Submission’ button. Please note that no modifications/alterations would be permitted in the application form after final submission, hence the candidates are advised to verify the correctness and adequacy of the information filled by them before the final submission.
- A unique Registration Number will be generated for every candidate, which can be used for all future correspondence.
- The candidates who wish to apply for screening on the basis of GATE score are required to fill in their GATE details after publishing of the GATE results. They may register and fill in the remaining details prior to the publishing of GATE results, however, they are advised to do the final submission before the last date of online application.
- Application Fee:
A non-refundable application-processing fee of Rs.250 (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty Only) is chargeable from the applicants in General and OBC categories. Women candidates (all categories) and the candidates belonging to SC/ST and Dependents of Defense Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and physically challenged candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Note: Candidates need not send any documents such as proof of age, proof of category, application fee payment etc or hard copy application now.
- Only those applications for which the application fee receipt is confirmed from the bank, will be processed further. The status of receipt of application fee will be displayed on the website.
- Those candidates who have qualified for the interview must produce original bank challan at the time of Selection Interview.
In addition, candidates not exempted from payment of application fees may note the following:
For more info visit: http://barconlineexam.in